CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year, almost!

I wish I remembered my daughter telling me that she had set up a blog for me because I would have been blogging but..... I forgot, I guess. Anyway, I love paper dolls. The love developed as a small four year old girl wanted to use the scissors but her mother said,"NO!" Then.... she received paper dolls for her birthday or Christmas and she had a legitimate reason to use scissors. Her mother said she could use the scissors just for cutting the paper dolls and the love of paper dolls was born. At first, I just loved them because I got to use the forbidden scissors. But over time, I loved them because I could pretend to be what I wanted to be that day and the dolls helped create that world for me. I also loved them because I like to change things up a bit and there were no rules about playing paper dolls, especially if they were mine and I was playing by myself so..... I loved them then and love 'em now. I buy them for my precious granddaughter Avery now. She loves them, too. Her imagination is awesome and has no boundaries. She loves to play with her paper dolls. I made her a special case to carry them in but I did not take a picture of it. I will try to get one to post here. Until tomorrow, or whenever I remember to post again, Happy New Year and find something that makes you happy!

P.S. Hubby and I are going to an antique auction tomorrow. We have very little money but it will be fun even if we cannot afford a thing. I will share anything we buy or learn on our little adventure!

0 comments: