CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Years Day auction

My hubby and I went to an antique auction on the 1st and had a blast. We bought a treddle sewing machine, two oak beds and dressers, a dining table, stained glass window and desk chair, whew! They were way underpriced and we were over joyed to take them off their hands. We have them stacked all over the living room because the rest of the house is under construction. And I mean under, way under. It will be a nice place once all the remodeling is complete but what a mess! We had not attended an auction in 20 years so it was a nice change of pace. We are planning two weddings at the moment so that will be taking all our money and time. Both of our sons are getting married this spring. Our nest is already empty but we look forward to grandbabies.... We are already have two and adore them. I understand the bumper sticker that states if we had known how much fun grandkids would be, we would have had them first. I am sure the fact that we are older and wiser really helps us enjoy them so much! 


A tip for scrapbooking people.  Black and Decker tool totes on wheels. They are less than $40.00 and are made to haul tools around on job sites so I would think they would be heavy duty. They are not designer colors but a few sheets of well placed printed paper decoupaged to the sides could make them uniquely you! I think they are a much better value than the expensive scrapbook ones with onery wheels and thought I would share.

0 comments: