CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 18, 2009

A trip to town

Since I live about 25 miles outside of San Antonio in a tiny little community in which I do not see a single soul, except the precious deer that eat my geraniums, it is always a treat to go to town.

Today was great! I was able to purchase a beautiful sconce for the new bathroom. It had originally been 85.00. We paid 25.95 for it and whisked it off before they could change their minds.... I love a great deal! I also found six little spice jar bottles that will help complete my lonely little rack that I have hidden under some stuff in a box. It did not have any bottles when I rescued it from the drastically reduced pile in a junk store, I mean collectibles store. It was painted a very unusual shade of turquoise when I found it but now sports a blue coat to match the other spice rack. I liked the turquoise but decided to try conformity for once in my life so I painted it light blue. You could call it sky blue, vintage blue or maybe even baby blue. I am not sure how conformity is going to work for me but I am trying! I may paint it pink so that I have some girl colors and some boy colors or they could be vintage 50's colors, depending on who you ask. Have I told you that I looooove vintage?

Anyway, I wanted to let you know that the Dollar Tree has some cute little salt and pepper shaker sets. I purchased a set for a dollar. It will now hold glitter at my house. I think it may even fit onto the little spice rack, just in case I still need more bottles. Boy am I glad to have cute little shakers instead of the plastic boring ones that the glitter comes in. I also purchased two sugar shakers that are larger and remind me of beehives. They were a dollar a piece. I have some larger flaked glitter that comes in a large plastic jar that will find a new home in one of the shakers and I have glass glitter, it is vintage, that will reside in the other one. I loooove vintage glass glitter. It has a quality that cannot be replicated with the synthetic glitter we have now. However, I love all kinds of glitter and use it generously when appropriate.... some people might say I use it whether it is appropriate or not.

I also looked for some clear vinyl, zippered pencil holders that are made to use in a 3 ring binder but did not have success. I have been thinking that they would make great little holders for my small and medium clear stamps. I currently have my clear stamps in a binder in sheet protectors but they keep sliding out. And that annoys me. Since I have not purchased one of those little bags since about 1999 it could be possible that they are obsolete but I sure hope not. I wonder if they make them with a ziplock type seal instead of a zipper .... which now makes me think I can make my own with the freezer type ziplock baggies. What a great idea! and they come in all sizes, whoo hoo. I am off to try this out.....

1 comments:

Loverbird said...

I love your blog! I love the lazy susan storage sytem.